Each year the Theatre Association of SA recognises a member company (or individual member) that has made a significant contribution to top quality, non-profit theatre for the love of theatre. They will have demonstrated passion and dedication, achieved high standards through best practice and enjoyed creative success.
An independent judging panel will determine the Award Recipient who will be presented with the award at the TASA Awards ceremony each February.
The aim of the award is to promote the quality of non-profit theatre in South Australia, and to show support to members of TASA.
- Demonstrate high standards, dedication and passion as well as outline critical, artistic, social or financial success in the period 1 January to 31 December.
- Not have won the award in the previous year.
- Be an active Group Member of TASA or Individual Member of TASA for at least one year prior to nomination.
- Any Group Member or Individual Member of TASA can propose nominations.
- Self nomination is allowed. I.e. a member group can nominate itself.
- Nominations must be on the official nomination form signed by a proposer and seconder.
- Nominations must also include a formal statement addressing the judging criteria to explain why the nominee deserves the award.
- Nominations should be based on the period January 1 of the previous year to December 31.
- Nominations open at the TASA AGM.
- Announcements regarding the nomination form and criteria will be made by email to all members, on the TASA website, Facebook page and in Encore magazine.
- Completed Nomination forms and statements must be received by January 20.
- The TASA Committee will select a short list of entries for the judges.
- A panel of three judges (two experienced and independent judges plus one TASA committee member) will determine the Award recipient. Their selection process may involve a short interview with the proposer of the nomination to assist with their decision.
The judges will be looking for
- Evidence of high standards and adopting best practice
- Examples of dedication and passion – working to the best of ability with no expectation of reward
- Evidence of effectiveness and critical, artistic, social or financial success
- A creative and innovative approach
- Evidence of positive feedback from audiences, cast/crew, reviewers etc
Please ensure you login to complete the Bravo! Nominations form.